Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Natural Hair Journey: My Big Chop #2 !

Hello World & Naturalistas.

This upcoming September would've marked my 2 year Natural Hair Anniversary. But this past week I did the unthinkable. Yep, that's right you guessed it! I did another big chop!
 
To think about the situation as a whole I laugh, because nearly two years ago I would obsess over my hair growth. I stalked other Naturalista's Natural Hair Journey videos and would always compare my growth to their's. I knew that the only way to get to where they were was to forget about the length and really focus on the health of my hair. In my  >>DRY TWISTOUT ON NATURAL HAIR<< post  I mentioned that I needed a trim because my heads were raggedy.

As time went on I noticed that middle/back of my hair was shorter than every other area, It was breaking off!  So instead of trimming I decided to cut all of my hair off.  How exicitng? I got rid of dead weight in my life and decided why not get rid of the dead weight on my head ! I also decided to create some sort of style instead of cutting it the way I did the first time I chopped. I finalized on a tapered cut. I've had the tapered cut multiple times but this time I was going to do it with natural hair. I watched a lot of videos that week and decided to cut my hair a few days later.

The morning after I woke up to a dishonorable sight and decided to go back to Youtube to get more cut and styling ideas. Because I had somewhere to go that afternoon I decided to do perm rods on the top, and lowering the sides and finger coilng the shorter parts. Although I cut too much hair off from one side I liked this cut so much better. 

I still need to go to the barber shop so that they can evenly.

The Process...

I sectioned my hair off into 6 Sections. I made 6 pony tails and cut off the hair in those sections.

 When I was done I did a Clay Rinse... if you have no idea what that is or are interested in seeing the results of that on my hair.. feel free to read my post about >>CLAY RINSING<<. This time I added Apple Cider Vinegar to the clay instead of water. I kept it in for a few minutes with a plastic shower cap over my head. Then I rinsed it out and applied Suave 2 in 1 Shampoo and Conditioner to my hair to wash out all the clay. Then I followed up with Shea Mositure's Super Fruit Complex 10 in 1 Renewal System Hair Masque. There were nothing but good reviews about it on Youtube so I had to check it out. After keeping that in I rinsed it out and proceeded to styling.

Below you can see my finger coils. I created them by spraying my hair until it was soaking wet then grabbing lots of gel and taking one small section and wrapping it around my finger. In this picture they're dry.
For styling I used my >>NATURAL HAIR STAPLE PRODUCTS<< Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner and Olive Oil EcoStyler Gel. I used Gel to fingercoil and Cantu to style the top. Above I used perm rods to achieve a curly top.. check out my >>PERM ROD<< post to read about roding technique. 

Here are some pictures of the result.








No comments:

Post a Comment