Monday, June 15, 2015

21 Months Post BC: Updated Natural Hair Regimen!

Hello World and Naturalistas!


It is important that we take the time to cater to the needs of our hair.

I will admit that in the beginning it can be hard to find things that work for you when there are so many different options out there and there is no one size fits all. Finding what works for you is one of the biggest struggles of returning natural.

Being 21 months natural I've learned a lot about my hair with that being said here is my updated Natural Hair regimen:

Lately I've been doing a ton of protective styling for a couple reasons:
1. To grow out my hair
2. For a change
3. So I can be LAZY.... pheww

Protective Styling:

My favorite protective style to do are crochet braids. I've done so many different techniques and so many different styles. It's quick and versatile and I'm able to do them on my own. 
Interested in seeing the style(s) I've done?  

I usually do a protective style for 3-4 weeks depending ... usually I wanna switch up but then decide NOT to because I don't feel like doing my hair or don't feel like dealing with my real hair. YEAH I SAID IT! It's very time consuming and sometimes I feel like ...



Knowing what your hair needs:

When I take my hair out I pay attention to how it feels. If it's extra dry I do a moisture pre-poo and wash with sulfate-free shampoos.

If my hair feels soft I do a protein treatment.

If it's stiff I use a clarifying shampoo, silicon conditioner and then proceed to styling.

Also, recently I've been suffering from really bad dry scalp. So I decided to start using head and shoulders.

Products used:

Shampoos I use and their purposes:
Head and Shoulders with Almond Milk 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner (7.26 +Walmart) - For when I have really dry scalp
Organix Argan Oil Shampoo ($5.74 +Walmart) - For when I need moisture
Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus ($9.99 +Walgreens) - For when I need protein

Conditioners I use & their purposes:

Traders Joe's Pepper Tea Tree Tingle ($3.99 +Trader Joe's )- Regular Use
Organix Argan Oil Shampoo ($5.74 +Walmart)- For when I need moisture
Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus ($9.99 +Walgreens)- For when I need protein

Deep Conditioners I use & their purposes:
Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque ($10.99 +Walgreens) - Regular Use
Homemade Mixture for Moisture - Giovanni Leave In conditioner, water, honey, olive oil
Homemade mixture for Protein - egg or banana or yogurt, mayo, coconut oil, water

Products for styling & their purposes:
Coconut & Hibiscus Curl enhancing smoothie ($11.99 +Walgreens) - When I do dry twist outs
Dark N Lovely Non Shrinkage Souffle ($9.99 +Walgreens)- Wet Twist outs
Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel ($2.00+ in local hair stores) - For my puffs
Creme of Nature Edge Control - ($4.56 +Walmart) To sLAY my edges


Products for daily moisture:
Water
Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In ($5.97 +Walmart)
Olive Oil ($5.46 +Walmart)

Interested in seeing how my regimen has changed? 
(You might find something here that can work for you!)



No comments:

Post a Comment