Monday, June 15, 2015

16 Months Post BC: Flat Iron on Natural Hair

Hey World and Naturalistas !


Sidebar: Some of these are post back because when I did the styles I did not have time to put up a blog post about it.

 In this post I will be showing what i did and explaining what I used in my hair and what I did to complete this style. To warn you it did not turn out as it would if done professionally but it was my BEST attempt to date.


To start off I just want to say that there are a lot of things people say you should or should not do when straightening Natural Hair.

You may hear:
*Condition your hair well so that the flat iron doesn't burn your dry hair
*Don't put oils in your hair because the it will create extra heat
* Do not put any heavy products that could weigh down your hair before you flat iron
*Use a serum heat protecting agent /Use a liquid heat protecting agent / Use a heat protecting agent


And for this style I didn't do any of those things.

As I mentioned in my >>CLAY REVIEW<< post I have/had problems with my hair being weighed down and clay rinsing helps take everything that's weighing my hair down away.

After clay rinsing I added a bit of lightest conditioner I have, leave in Cantu Shea butter, detangled with my Denman brush, and created four separate sections.

To straighten m hair I took VERY small sections. I did this when I had a lot of patience, the process took 7 hours... no LIE, I obviously didn't have much homework to do either.

Anyway, when going through each section I used a very fine tooth comb to go back through the section after the Denman brush to make sure I detangled all of my strands. Then I did "comb-chase method"to straighten each piece.




This was one section of my hair after I complete. I was so excited at how straight it came out and how I long my hair actually was!!!

Here are some pics from when I was all finished:
Can you tell I was feeling myself a bit? yea LOLOL



This style only lasted me a week but I enjoyed having it straight for as long as it lasted. Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to make my hair last longer? Please leave me comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment