Friday, May 22, 2015

20 Months Post BC: Quick Way to Refresh Your Hair Color !!

Hello World and Naturalistas!!

I always have hair impulses! Meaning: I always get the sudden urge to do something different to my hair. This time it was inspired by ElleeteCreations. She had this beautiful red hair color called "Infrared" by Manic Panic. She had attempted to refresh her color once before using "Jazzing" but it washed out after one wash. At that very moment a light bulb went off in my head. I immediately wanted to go out to the hair store and buy the hair color. But something told me not to.

A few weeks went by and I thought about coloring my hair again, so I did some research. I wanted to know 1. Which dye to buy 2.How long did it last. After my research I decided to get Adore. Second best recommended semi-permanent under 10$.

Breif BackStory: June 2014 I dyed the half front portion of my hair "Magic Plum" by Dark n Lovely. 

Here's what that looked like:



After a while red dyes turn your hair this nasty brownish/orangey color, that has a tendency to make your hair look dry. The color is also really grown out, only the tips of my hair still have color. In order to get a little change without too much damage I decided to pick a red color to bring some spice for the Spring Season.

I chose: Intense Red by Adore


I loved the result and it was VERY noticeable. Quiet a few people even asked if I dyed my hair :)



 If you have an old permanent washed out color in your hair and want a color change, try using a semi-permanent for quick and less hair damaging results !

Here's the video if you want to see her process and end results :)

No comments:

Post a Comment