Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Publishing My Children's Book: UPDATE

GREETINGS


For many of you who read or keep up with my social media or are close to me in real life you know that I have been working on getting my Children's book published. For a little background story, I started a Go Fund Me account with a goal of $1,000. I raised $1,110 in 4 months with a combination of online and physical monetary donations, word of mouth, mass messages, and social media sharing. The love and support I received from my loved ones and even those that I do not know very well was real.





The money that was raised was used to pay for the publishing. Because I am doing a Children's book illustrations are required. The illustrations are separate and will cost me exactly $720. I have increased my original Go Fund Me campaign to 1,900 in hopes of raising the rest of funds so that I can finally get my book published. I am currently 6 months in and My goal is to have the entire project completed by or before the summer of 2015. 

My book was originally titled "Little Brother Squash". The story is based on a true story of my life back to the age of 5, when I wanted a brother so bad. With an innocent perception of conceiving a child and the big "disappointment" of getting a sister, this book teaches children the art of patience, love, and friendship.

The initial reason for me writing this book was for a class project. After people heard and read my story, they told me they enjoyed it. Some of them mentioned that I should have it published, and here I am. Shout out to Bonnie Pipkin! (My Professor)

Dear Parents: This would be a great book to read to your children to teach them the art of patience and handling disappointment. It also surrounded around and briefly discusses the infamous topic "Where do babies come from?". If your little one has become curious or you're ready to introduce the topic of Sex, this book is for you! Thank you!


Dear Teachers: My book uses simple language which means it can be read to a 5 year old, who will be able to comprehend and relate to the content ... some even the story line. By 7 years of age they should be able to read it alone, use critical thinking skills and answer questions about it's content. Thank You!

If you are interested in donating please visit my Go Fund Me Campaign at:

If you are unable to give a monetary donation please share my story:
on Google using Google plus
on your Facebook, Twitter, etc.

YOUR SUPPORT (OF ALL KIND) IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!

No comments:

Post a Comment